Articles & News
Russell Forest Run Will Go On…Safely
Russell Forest Run
Saturday, February 27
10K start: 7:45am
5K start: 7:55am
The Russell Forest Run is going to happen this year on Saturday, February 27. Right now, there are a couple of running options. It would be great to have you come run in person, but we know that some just can’t make it. As such, this year, a virtual option is being offered! Participants have a choice. There are more details on our website including Frequently Asked Questions about how the virtual option works. While online, go ahead and register, too.
Because of our COVID–19 policy, a few things will be different. Organizers are still working out some of the last-minute details, so please keep an eye on the website and our Facebook page for details as they unfold.
Some of the changes include:
- There will be no on-site race day registration or packet pickup. All of this will be done on Friday, February 26 at the Discovery Center at Russell Crossroads. (Online registration will remain open until 7am on race day.)
- Runners at the starting line will be spaced to ensure proper social distancing. Please remember, this is a chip-timed race, so your physical starting and finish position won’t matter. What will matter is your individual time. So, come to do your best.
- The 5K run may be slightly delayed to allow all 10K runners to get a little further out on the course.
- Postrace, because of the current pandemic, there won’t be live music, the famous Grits Bar, or draft beer. (But, there will be plenty of food and drinks and an adult option.)
- Of course, organizers are doing everything they can to make this a safe, fun event for runners, volunteers, and staff! Current guidelines mandated by the Alabama Department of Public Health will be followed.
Remember all proceeds benefit the Alexander City Schools Education Foundation—so in the end, it’s the children and teachers who benefit!
Come join the fun in person or virtually!